Warranty Manager – Avonmouth
Industry Energy (Waste-to-Energy)
Start ASAP - notice period accepted
Experience 5 to 10 years
Salary 35 – 48k£ based on profile, experience & skills
Type of contract Permanent
HR in charge Aurelia Cherradi / firstname.lastname@example.org
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 650 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Life Sciences, Transport, Energy and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Warranty Manager (Customer Warranty Management) with a Commissioning background. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager.
Your goals set will be evaluating customer line-side and field warranty claims and liaising with customers to agree closure of claims.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Liaise with customers to gather warranty claim information and manage successful closure of all claims in a timely manner
· Be the main point of contact for all type of issues and distinguish between issues that are covered by warranty and those that are not
· Understand and process warranty requests, within the best possible schedule and in-line with the contract and the procedures
· Reach out to the providers and sub-contractors for them to fulfil their warranty
· Keep up, for each task, the link between the client, the provider and/or sub-contractor(s) and the various internal services
· Organise and lead the meetings and/or workgroups (both internal and externals) that may be required to solve an issue
· Coordinate all actions required to solve identified issues until completion
· Issue requests for purchasing
· Track progress for each task and communicate this progress both to the client and internally
· Assist to different meetings
· Identify root causes through a combination of theory and practical testing.
· Drive actions to improve metric performance and reduce warranty costs.
· Make sure the client operates and maintains the plant as per O&Ms and procedures
· Flag any deviations and assess its impact
· Get involved in continuous improvement by reporting and based on feedbacks
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
· Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as a Quality Engineer or similar role
Up to date knowledge of quality principles, concepts, theory, and practice (e.g. 6 Sigma, Lean, problem solving tools, FMEA, APQP).
Familiarity with troubleshooting.
Degree in Industrial Operations, Mechanical Engineering, Quality Assurance or equivalent.
If you recognise yourself, apply at email@example.com and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.