Electrical Design Engineer – London
Industry Residential / Commercial / Energy / Infrastructure
Start ASAP - notice period accepted
Experience 3 - 5 years
Salary 32-42k£ based on profile, experience & skills
Type of contract Permanent
HR in charge Aurelia Cherradi / firstname.lastname@example.org
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 650 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Life Sciences, Transport, Energy and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be to support management in the delivery of quotations and design approved construction packs.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Designing and planning 400V and 11kV electricity supplies.
· Discussing optimal design and costing options with developers during the quotation process.
· Liaising with asset owners, developers, and Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) to obtain a point of connection and design approval.
· Undertaking project risk assessments
· Undertaking design calculations, selection of cable sizes and routes; and creating electrical services layout drawings and schematics on AutoCAD.
· Accountable for ensuring that design solutions are robust to meet client requirements.
· Evaluating cost/benefit trade off technical solution.
· Estimating and tendering for the provision of new 400V and 11kV electricity supplies.
· Ensuring that every project complies with all relevant British Standards and HSE requirements.
· Ensuring designs are carried out in accordance with DNO standards (G81).
· Undertaking HV and LV cable network and switchgear selection and design.
· Designing and creating HV substation construction detail drawings to DNO and customer requirements.
· Designing and creating internal LV distribution drawings.
· Designing and creating legal plans and processing legals for new electricity supplies.
· Undertaking earthing study, designing and creating earthing drawings for new substations.
· Modelling proposed network on Windebut and evaluating the volt drop, earth loop impedance, prospective short circuit current and cable loadings.
· Creating Health and Safety Plans for projects.
· Generating and issuing Meter Point Administration Numbers to developers/customers.
· Dealing with general developer/customer queries and enquiries regarding projects from the quotation stage to construction and completion of the projects.
· Assisting colleagues with the company's business management tool as a super user.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
· Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as an Electrical Design Engineer or similar role
Up to date knowledge of E&I regulations and AutoCAD software
Familiarity with tendering and design up to 20kV
MSc (or BSc) in Electrical Engineering or relevant field
If you recognise yourself, apply at email@example.com and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.