BIM Coordinator – Bridgwater (England)
Discipline Civil / Structural
Start ASAP - notice period accepted
Experience 2 to 5 years
Salary 35 - 45k£ based on profile, experience & skills
Location Bridgwater (England)
Type of contract Permanent
HR in charge Aurelia Cherradi / email@example.com
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 650 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Life Sciences, Transport, Energy and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
To strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a BIM Coordinator. As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be to support production teams into delivering structural work packages.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Analysis of the input data models for BIM aspects in coordination with production team
· Preparation of the model before the beginning of the production
· Coordination of the 3D activities on the model in terms of:
Management of phases
Organization of the works and modelling priorities
· Control of the proper application of procedures for 3D production
· Management and support of the draftsmen for the 3D issues
· Communication with the engineers regarding the interfaces between structures
· 3D Control of the 3D native Tekla models in relation with the senior designers
· IFC creation and IFC check (weekly export and for each GR) following a planning provided by production team
· Permanent set-up tasks to respond to technical demands in relation with IT department
· Edition of the 3D indicators for the reportings
· Management of the users’ rights of the Tekla shared model
· Back-up and restauration of database
· Networking with others BIM coordinators (Process improvement and lessons learned)
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by :
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
· Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as a BIM Coordinator or similar role
Up to date knowledge of Tekla Structures and Navisworks
Familiarity with reinforced concrete structures and high-rise buildings
MSc (or BSc) in Structural engineering, BIM or relevant field
If you recognise yourself, apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.