Automation Engineer– Ireland (WFH)
Industry Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Discipline Electrical / Automation
Start ASAP - notice period accepted
Experience 3 - 5 years
Salary 32-45k£ based on profile, experience & skills
Location Ireland / Remote
Type of contract Permanent
HR in charge Aurelia Cherradi / email@example.com
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 19 branch offices across Europe including UK, France, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy with more than 650 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Life Sciences, Transport, Energy and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
We are expanding and to strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for an Automation Engineer.
As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your duties will include designing, developing and releasing deliverables used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (piping assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems).
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Executing the quality management plan in accordance with quality standards.
· Strong understanding of all project requirements and objectives, defining automation scope of work and developing all required specifications.
· Estimating automation hardware, software, and manpower requirements.
· Coordinating design, manufacturing, and software efforts to ensure full compliance.
· Forecasting and communicating the status of work as per required.
· Supporting the design and manufacturing teams with the integration of system controls.
· Programming PLC, OIT, HMI, DCS controllers and smart instruments.
· Managing the automation team in execution of work.
· Assisting with Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT)
· Evaluating and recommending automation upgrades to existing equipment or systems.
· Supporting the Field Services team with respect to automation needs both planned and unplanned.
· Maintaining software records, writing, and executing test plans and providing training to end users as well as technical support.
Possibility to work from home. Limited travel will be required (not expected to exceed 20%). International travel possible.
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with (business)
· Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates (recruitment)
· Building your own team of consultants (management)
· Giving advice as an expert and mentoring younger consultants & developing training programmes / graduate schemes / exercises for interns (mentoring)
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
Proven work experience as an Automation Engineer or equivalent automation related role.
Up to date knowledge of Automation systems and Emerson Delta V.
Familiarity with GAMP 5 and hardware/software platforms including Allen-Bradley, Siemens, DCS.
MSc (or BSc) in Electrical / Software Engineering or relevant field
If you recognise yourself, apply at firstname.lastname@example.org and join the adventure. We will support you to build your career. FORTIL UK is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We therefore encourage qualified applicants from all backgrounds to apply.