Start: ASAP (notice period accepted)
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Salary: 35-48k based on profile, experience & skills
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 17 branch offices in France and abroad (UK, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy) with more than 500 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business focus consultants and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in the Energy field. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
We are expanding to strengthen our team of consultants and we are looking for an Electrical Design Engineer. FORTIL is working on a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity and we are seeking an Electrical Design Engineer.
As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be designing and delivering the electrical aspect of equipment for different industries. You will be involved from tender stage to final sign off. You will also work closely alongside other teams and provide technical support.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
- Managing Draughtsmen
- Ensuring client technical specifications and procedures & standards are met
- Ensuring work package is delivered on-time, within scope of work and within budget
- Analysing works information data and suggesting technical solutions to optimise the costs
- Producing electrical Schematic Diagrams & General Arrangements & BOM’s
- Producing all aspects of design documentation to facilitate material procurement, electrical assembly and machine wiring
- Completing electrical designs including CAD & calculations (performance and safety)
- Attending progress meetings / technical meetings with the client
- Identifying all changes and deviations and informing the Work Package Manager
- Making sure there are no mistakes, inconsistencies, discrepancies or omissions in the works
- Ensuring all required testing take place (developing test rigs, models and prototype control systems)
- 70% design, 20% supporting other teams (build, commission, procurement), 10% coordination
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
- Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with
- Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates
- Building your own team of consultants
- Giving advice as an expert, training junior engineers or creating exercises for interns
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
- Proven work experience as an Electrical Design Engineer using AUTOCAD & PDMS (Caneco & Dialux would be a plus)
- Up to date knowledge of the highest nuclear standards
- Familiarity with specifying drive controls systems, industrial PC's, safety PLC's, safety related parts of controls systems, inverters etc.
MSc (or BSc) in electrical engineering or relevant field
You have strong interpersonal skills; you can adapt to different contexts and situations. You have an overflowing curiosity and a desire to innovate.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the FORTIL adventure!