Start: ASAP – notice period accepted
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Salary: 38-48k based on profile, experience & skills
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy, now has 13 branch offices in France and abroad (UK, Switzerland, Belgium, Italy) and more than 500 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, we are strong of our expertise in the Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
We are expanding and to strengthen our team of consultants, we are looking for a Site Manager. FORTIL is working on a waste treatment and recovery plant project and we are seeking a Site Manager who already has on-site experience in Civil Engineering activities.
As soon as you are getting on board, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. Your goals set will be supervising and overseeing the direction of the project (or a package), ensuring that the client’s
specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Liaising with the client
· Coordinating and supervising construction workers
· Selecting tools and materials
· Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety
· Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings
· Maintaining quality control procedures
· Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up
· Assessing and minimising risk
· Writing reports and keeping on top of paperwork
· Helping to negotiating contracts and securing permits and licences
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with
· Suggesting CV, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates
· Building your own team of consultants
· Giving advice as an expert, training junior engineers or creating exercises for interns
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
· Proven work experience as a Site Manager
· On-site experience (groundworks)
· Familiarity with groundworks and understanding of water supply, wastewater treatment, civils, civil engineering activities
MSc (or BSc) in civil engineering or relevant field
You have strong interpersonal skills; you can adapt to different contexts and situations. You have an overflowing curiosity and a desire to innovate.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the FORTIL adventure!