Start: ASAP (notice period accepted)
Experience: Up to 15 years
Salary: 40-55k based on profile, experience & skills
Since its creation in 2009, FORTIL, an engineering consultancy now has 13 branch offices in France and abroad (UK, Switzerland, Belgium and Italy) with more than 500 employees. We have a common objective: grow and develop along with our teams.
Joining FORTIL UK means joining a team of business engineers and recruiters. Established for a year in the South West region, our expertise is in Energy, Transport, Life Sciences and Finance fields. This first year has been a success thanks to our consultants who are both technical experts and drivers of innovative ideas.
FORTIL UK guides start-ups and big groups and meet their needs by providing skilled and talented project teams and individual consultants. We deploy custom-made solutions to offer relevant advice and we put our know-hows and recruitment experiences to the service of our clients’ projects.
YOUR FIRST PROJECT AS A CONSULTANT
We are expanding to strengthen our team of consultants and we are looking for a Project Manager. FORTIL is working on a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low-carbon electricity and we are seeking a Project Manager.
As soon as you are onboard, you will be supported by your FORTIL Manager. You will be customer facing and ensuring the timely delivery of projects. You will liaise with multiple departments within the
business identifying resource requirements and ensure that activities are conducted in line with safety and quality standards.
YOUR DAILY ROLE AS A CONSULTANT
· Ensuring successful delivery of all tasks within the project schedule by removing blockers and ensuring processes are followed
· Resolving technical and quality issues by stakeholder management through clarification meetings while maintaining the project scope and priorities
· Controlling cost through the trend and change process ensuring that any additional cost is fully justified
· Capturing and controlling risk through regular risk assessments and risk mitigation plans which ensured that additional cost is maintained as low as possible and that opportunities are explored in time
· Reporting to programme managers through regular analysing of supplier reports
You will have the opportunity to develop new technical skills on client lead projects but also play a role within your company by:
· Opening new accounts or new departments within the client you are working with
· Suggesting CVs, conducting technical interviews or creating tests for candidates
· Building your own team of consultants
· Giving advice as an expert, training junior engineers or creating exercises for interns
YOUR ASSETS TO SUCCEED
· Proven work experience as a Project Manager with a first experience on a nuclear project
· Up to date knowledge of the highest nuclear standards
· Familiarity with mechanical, civil, structural or systems engineering
MSc (or BSc) in project management or relevant field
You have strong interpersonal skills; you can adapt to different contexts and situations. You have an overflowing curiosity and a desire to innovate.
If you recognise yourself, apply and join the FORTIL adventure!